2/14/2013

Happy "Ballemtimes" Day!!



My daughter Willow is four and a half, and is extremely excited to celebrate "Ballemtimes Day" today... especially after seeing what her thoughtful Daddy left for her and Mommy to enjoy {pictured to the right.}

She gave me a gift - her own little red monster truck toy {have no idea where that came from} which she presented to me saying, "Happy Ballemtimes, Mommy... look, it's red!"

Right now she's coloring a special pink heart-shaped card for Daddy, which is an awesome way to keep her out of my hair just long enough to check my emails and *hopefully* finish this post! While my hubby and I {together exactly 15 years and 2 days} pretty much stopped with the Valentine antics years ago, having our little boogie-butt around has made silly "Hallmark" holidays like this a bit more fun again.

The fact that SHE gets excited about it makes the day more exciting for us. She gives us a reason to buy chocolates and cupcakes... to pull out the red and pink construction paper and make colorful little "Ballemtimes" for each other... and to feel a little less jaded by the gross consumer-frenzy aspect behind this so-called holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment