3/08/2013

Porcelain in Progress



So I came into a box of porcelain dolls - not even remotely my kind of dolly, but I took them apart and started customizing the heads... the final results are still up in the air... I think I might end up making some of them into wall decor and some into candle stick holders or other such odds and ends.

So here are a couple of the dolly heads in progress. The sad part is that I actually started these two years ago (or so) and then put them away on a shelf to sit and collect dust. Last night I suddenly got an urge to work on them again and play with shading.

So far I'm pretty happy with the way the orange one is turning out, but the red/pink one is bothering me - I think the eye brows are too high/innocent/thick...? I don't know. But I definitely want to keep adding layers upon layers of beads and fabric and whatever strikes my fancy to build up their headgear. I'm also thinking of maybe flocking for the orange girl... somewhere.

Yeah - as with most of my art projects, these dolls are totally at the mercy of my passing whims and fleeting fits of creative energy, LOL. So where they end up...? I have no clue at this point. Whatever final images I may have had in mind when I first started these dolls have long since left my mind. But I'm excited to see where it goes... and soon I hope to get started with some other custom dolls, but THAT'S a subject for another blog post some other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment