1/20/2013

Meet Velusa

Of course I love all of my dolls, but Velusa is ridiculously special. Velusa was sort of my first Neo Blythe... she was originally a Prima Dolly Violet and came in a set of 3 along with PD Ginger and PD Ashlet, but somehow the seller sent me 2 Gingers and no Ashlet. Maybe this is why Velusa stood out to me... or maybe for the obvious reason - her bright purple hair? But she became my instant fave and has been the one dolly girl to stay with me since 2007, as countless other dolls came and went.

As my Blythe knowledge grew, my taste changed and I've become most enamored with the EBL (Excellent) Blythe face mold. So a few years ago I converted Velusa into an EBL custom, attaching her original PDV scalp onto an EBL Disco Boogie head, and then also fitted her with a Licca body. She's been sanded and has lightly carved lips with very subtle peach coloring. She also has has custom lashes and eyechips, sleep eyes and is boggled... and is currently awaiting some fun new purple pullstrings and custom VoxDolly charms.

Velusa isn't technically perfect by any means - her customizations aren't even remotely professional... but somehow she's just the most adorable doll I've ever seen. Here she is modeling for the VoxDolly shop:

Velusa Models for VoxDolly

The other dolly girls will definitely be making appearances in the shop as well, but I think Velusa will be the main spokesmodel and face of the VoxDolly brand ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment